Originally built by businessman C.C. Brooks, The Lido opened in 1957, ushering in 45 years of classic films up on the big screen. This was until 2002 when the doors of The Lido were closed and the new Landmark Cinema was opened in town. It wasn’t until 2007, after five years of abandonment, that The Lido was reopened and reenvisioned by local entrepreneur Brian Kirschner.
No longer just a movie theatre, The Lido is now a beast with many heads, having become an essential cog of cultural growth in the youthful community of Fort St. John.